"Sheila Hynes facilitated Love and Logic workshops at our Private Christian school for nearly 9 years. She was such a wonderful resource for our parents and her partnership with the school administration and staff education was key in making our school cohesive with implementing Love and Logic skills school-wide. Sheila comes with a wealth of knowledge and expertise and has a beautiful caring demeanor. She is very relatable to our parents while teaching wonderful, practical tools. If your school is looking to implement a Love and Logic philosophy, Sheila Hynes will be significant to your success!"
Debbie Kaye, Principal
Cornerstone Christian Academy
Watch "Parenting Teens with Love and Logic" Interview with
Sheila Hynes, MFT, on CBS Different Drummers, recorded December 19, 2019.
Spring 2020 Love and Logic Workshops
Parenting Teens with Love and Logic ®
Southminster Presbyterian Church
916 Central Rd.
Arlington Heights, IL 60005
Sundays, January 12, 26 and February 9th
3:30 - 5:00 pm
Parenting the Love and Logic Way® offers parents tools and techniques for raising responsible teens while taking the stress out of parenting. Parents learn to how to manage their own emotions and to have more empathy, instead of anger. In this presentation, you will discover how the Love and Logic® parenting workshops can help you become a calmer and more confident parent! Love and Logic® parenting skills will enable you to:
- Use Empathy with your teen rather than respond in anger
- Learn to share control to grow a better relationship with your teen
- Avoid power-struggles and arguments by offering choices
- Reduce whining, arguing and complaining by setting firm limits
- Stay calm when your teens do upsetting things
- Learn the importance of positive reinforcement and enthusiasm in parenting
- Learn to establish firm limits with electronics and social media
Love and Logic Early Childhood Parenting Made Fun!®
Dates: to be announced
2244 W. 95th Street
Naperville, IL 60564
The Love and Logic Early Childhood Parenting Made Fun!® workshops provides practical tools and techniques that can change the way your family operates and makes parenting more fun. The workshop is geared specifically for children ages 1-10. Free workbook with each paid registration!
The parenting skills covered will include:
- Handling Misbehavior Without Breaking A Sweat
Learn techniques to end whining and arguing.
- Teaching Kids To Listen… The FIRST Time
Learn how to get kids to behave without lectures, threats, or bribes.
- Avoiding Power Struggles
Learn to share control by offering choices within your limits.
- Limits Create Happier Parents, Kids, and Families
Learn how to set loving limits by turning your words into gold.
The workshop fee is $95 per person, or $150 per couple.